Hey Neighbors!* This is a sponsored post .*
When it comes to owning a business there are many hats that owners wear. You are the person in charge of budgeting, hiring and firing of employees, ensuring that your business runs smoothly and marketing. While it may be a challenge, it’s also extremely rewarding to be your own boss too.
As a dog lover, building your kennel’s online presence is critical to keeping it in business. Dog breeders want to know about upcoming litters that might be available as well as share various certificates or awards they’ve received for showing dogs in past dog shows. How does someone go about sharing their business? I have a few steps that will help if you are thinking about starting your own.
- Share With Friends And Family - Word of mouth is huge when it comes to promoting your business. Before the internet, many small business owner’s would use ads in the newspaper to share about their business or talk about it with their friends and family members. Once potential clients start to come in and see what a great establishment it is, they’ll be excited to share their experience with other people. This in turn helps your business grow and because friends and family can trust you, this is also key in having customers come back month after month.
- Think of A Creative Name - There are several breeding and animal websites available so you want to make sure that yours stands out above the rest. You could make it unique to your town, your last name or something catchy with a specific type of breed including “Pleastown’s Teacup Puppies”. Once you have a name that you think is a good fit, you’re all set to share it!
- Create A Website - It’s one thing to share a few things on your social media platforms but have a website to create a central landing place for any questions, concerns and information a potential buyer is coming to do. Set up several pages that include this type of information for easy access. Don’t forget to add pictures that say “coming soon” or “reserve now” to let your customers know about litters.
- Use Social Media Effectively - This is a huge way to keep an online presence with future and existing customers. Linking these social media platforms on your website is also important. Set up a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest account. People will see this information pop up throughout the day, week or month depending on how often you update your page which will keep them engaged and in the know of what's to come. This is also an easy way for them to share your page with others, thus making it easy for you to market your business because they are doing it for you!
- Hire A Robot For Easy Work- Before you think I’m making this up, it’s true! RoboWorx Inc is a software company that created a system for you to pass on your simple tasks to the robots. These include things such as scheduling posts, termination letters, hiring letters and more! The company offers three different systems. The Studio system is a recodered that watches your tasks and mimics them to perform them automatically. The Orchestrators is a central location where the robots are deployed. They are able to report, audit, log you in and out of microsoft word programs and schedule items. The last is a Robot system where they take over and execute all of your tasks with perfect accuracy. How is this possible? By using their RPA or Robotic Process Information, the system is able to manipulate these applications just as we humans do. Basically they never sleep, make zero mistakes and can actually save you money because you don’t need to hire an employee to do these tasks. It also can help you with tasks that you might otherwise not want to do including HR Automation items such as attendance, scheduling, employee data management and more. Let the bots do the work for you so you can focus on more important things!
- Set Goals - Once your company begins to pick up, set goals for your business. They can be simple goals such as ‘creating awareness of my business’ or ‘find leads for xys’. You can also research perhaps what other goals similar companies are doing like yours too to get an idea. Having goals keeps you accountable and knowing what you still need to work on each week, month or year.
Now that you have some idea on how to keep your kennel afloat, what items are you going to start with first? Do you need to create or update an existing website? Do you need to edit your contact page? What about making sure that you're scheduling upcoming posts or relevant articles to your social media platforms? Whatever it is, I hope these tips help encourage, keep you motivated and on track to build your business to the best it can be.