Skip to main content

What To Do If You Get Injured At Work

If you're unfortunate enough to get injured at work, it's important to know what actions should be taken to ensure you are getting the right compensation where it's due.
Here's a list of things that you should know in order to protect yourself.

Report the injury.
This can be anything from a fall, burn, cut, or any other trauma that has been caused by something or someone at work. It's important that you report the injury as soon as it has happened to your Supervisor, telling them exactly what took place and where.

Ensure your Supervisor prepares a company accident report.  
If for any reason your Supervisor isn't willing to do this, you will need to take it upon yourself to write a letter stating everything that happened, including your injury, and then make a copy for your Supervisor. If possible, get a signature from them to confirm that they have received it.

Get medical care through Company Doctor.
This doesn't apply to everyone, but in certain businesses, there is a Doctor for employees if they have an work related accident. If you do have one, then see them about your injury.
If you go to your usual Doctor, it may look like your problem wasn't caused by work. So keep requesting to be seen if they don't comply immediately.

Tell the Company Doctor exactly what happened.
Go into as much detail as possible. If you feel as though the Doctor isn't paying you enough attention, or isn't making a note of what you've told them - as mentioned before - write your own statement of how your injury was caused, and give them a copy of it. (Try getting it signed again to prove it has been received.)

Follow all medical directions.
If you do not do this, your employer may say that you decided not to take the care given, resulting in you having time off work for no real reason. Also, get the Doctor to write down any things that you should avoid doing at work, make a few copies of this and give one to your Supervisor.

Medical bill.
Make sure that any bills that start to arrive due to the medical care you're getting are being sent to your Supervisor by the Company Doctor.

Taking things into your own hands.
If your Supervisor and Company Doctor are not cooperating with you, it may be time to get outside help from a personal injury attorney. They will be your legal representation to help with your claim.

Getting your money.
If you end up missing time off work because of your injury, your employer should be paying you for the time you're out of work. If they refuse to do this - speak to your lawyer. They will have the knowledge and tools to get you the appropriate compensation that you deserve.

Now you know what needs to be done, you can take the right steps if ever you do end up getting hurt at work. The key thing to remember is getting signatures to confirm what is being said and agreed to. Then you can't go wrong.


Popular posts from this blog

Polar FA20 Activity Watch Review and Giveaway

Hi Neighbors, Well, I am out of the hospital, but I am not allowed to be very active yet, so I asked my daughter to test out this new item. It is an Activity Watch. What a great item for Get Out Get Active! The Polar FA20 counts your daily physical activity. First you need to set the basic information. The date, units (metric or imperial), your weight, height, birth date, and male or female. Place the FA20 on your wrist to measure your physical activity 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This watch monitors your activity and gives you feedback about how you are doing. Everyone should be physically active at least 30 minutes each day, and the FA20 helps you achieve this. Throughout your day you can check and see if you are having a Lazy Day (active less than 30 minutes), Easy Day (active 30 to 60 minutes), Active Day (active 60 to 75 minutes) or an Intensive Day (active more than 75 minutes). You can also record your training sessions to learn more about how your body respon

Prilosec OTC $25 Rebate plus a $100 AMEX Giveaway

Hey Neighbors! Do you suffer from heartburn? I do sometimes. I personally can not eat really spicy foods. Problem? I LOVE MEXICAN! So does my whole family. My husband enjoys really spicy foods and sometimes suffers from it. Solution? Have you heard about Prilosec OTC? If not perhaps you would like to try it. Prilosec OTC has a special offer going on right now through February 15th. Buy 2 Prilosec OTC and get $25 back. Now, I personally have not tried Prilosec OTC yet. But according to the site: "How and Why Prilosec OTC® Works Prilosec OTC Blocks Heartburn When you eat, millions of tiny pumps in your stomach lining create acid to break down food. Normally your lower esophageal sphincter (LES) works as a door, opening and closing to let food pass from your esophagus HEARTBURN GLOSSARY Esophagus: Tube connecting the mouth to the stomach; a passageway for food; part of the digestive

Omron Heart Rate Monitor Review and Giveaway

Hey Neighbors, Another great product for the Get Out and Get Active! An Omron Heart Rate Monitor ($59.99)! Once again due to my disc problem my daughter was the one to try this out. This is seriously not fair! Anyway, one of the great things about a heart rate monitor is that you can make sure you are exercising in your zone. You can monitor your heart rate and then adjust your pace for either a slower workout or a more intensive workout. This monitor comes witha high and low alert so you can make sure you stay right where you are supposed to. Not overdoing it, yet not taking it too easy! You can wear the wrist receiver on your wrist, or you can mount it on your bike or treadmill so it is easy for you to read. This Omron Heart Rate Monitor comes with: 1-Wrist Receiver Watch 1-Transmitter 1-Transmitter Strap (Chest size 29" to 55") 1-Receiver Mounting Bracket 1-Storage Case 2-"Lithium" Batteries (installed) 1-Instruction Manual (Above nice carry cas