With spring here allergies are beginning to kick in. My son and 2 of my daughters each suffer from seasonal allergies. So do I! 3 of us are allergic to dust and mold, and I personally react to pine. Then of course there are perfumes and such. Since we suffer from allergies I am happy to tell you that I have been accepted to the Children's Claritin Mom Crew! What does that mean to my neighbors here At the Fence? Well, it means that I will be able to give you updates, hints and tips, and sometimes product received directly from Children's Claritin. Not to mention all the other Mom Crew Members!
We already use Claritin, so this will be great actually working with them and the rest of the Claritin Mom Crew. So keep on the lookout for updates on Claritin and ways to help beat your children's allergies.
As a matter of fact, let's start with some tips from the "Free to Play" March Newsletter:
Spring Allergy Tips
It's not surprising that in the season notorious for allergies, we have the most tips to share! Beginning as early as February, invisible pollens from hardwood deciduous trees are big troublemakers for many allergy sufferers. But there's no reason to be miserable. These tips can help you minimize your exposure to allergens, and be prepared as possible for the pollen storm that's on the horizon.
- Start taking Claritin® allergy products as soon as symptoms start.
- Having medication on hand will help you prepare for allergy symptoms.
- Know your nemesis.
- When you understand what triggers your allergy symptoms, you can make an extra effort to avoid them. For example, grass pollen levels rise when grass is disturbed, so if that's one of your triggers, wear a mask when mowing or avoid mowing altogether.
- Beat the clock.
- Peak pollen production can occur in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
- Check the forecast.
- Avoid going outdoors when pollen counts are high. Also, heavy rains wash pollen from the air, making post-shower outings more comfortable. Beware of dry, windy days when pollen can be particularly intense. (Get the pollen counts and weather forecast for your area and sign up for the Claritin® Allergy Forecast.)
As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.