Here is a really interesting book on dog training. It is called Wolfkeeper, a Wolfkeepers guide to Training a Dog, by Master Dog Trainer Toriano Antoine Samzone. This book is a guide and journal to help you on your way to training your dog. "If you want to learn how to train a dog, go train a thousand dogs. If you want to learn how to train your own dog, go train somebody else's."
Toriano was raised with a family that loved dogs. He believes that raising and training a dog is an art, like any other discipline. The original manuscript for this book was written while he was lying in a hospital bed for 68 days recovering from a car accident.
Some of the chapter titles include:Dog Addiction, What Truly is a Wolfkeeper, Old School Training, Teaching Commands, Various Levels of Training, Should Dog Training be Mandatory, etc. In the Appendices, you have Training Questions, Nutrition Questions, Health Questions, Behaviour Fact Sheet, and 14 Day Training Journal. The book is filled with black and white pictures.
I found the Chapter 18 on Breed Specific Legislation interesting. It covers some of the restrictions and laws states impose on specific breeds of dogs. That there are 75 breeds that are either banned or restricted amazed me, especially some of the breeds included.
One reader will receive their own copy of Wolfkeeper, A Wolfkeeper's Guide to Training a Dog.
Mandatory Entry:Visit the Wolfkeeper website and then leave a comment here, telling me something you learned from the site. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but you must leave a valid email where you can be reached should you win. This giveaway will end on 5/14 at 11:59 pm CST. The winner will be chosen using random.org and will be notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. (USA Only)
1. Become a neighbor ( follower). Leave a comment to let me know that you did/ do. 1 entry
2. Subscribe to At the Fence. Leave a comment to let me know that you did/ do. 1 entry
3. Follow me on Twitter, At the Fence. Leave a comment letting me know that you did/do. 1 entry
4. Tweet about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the link. 1 tweet per day. 1 comment per day.
5. Do a post regarding this giveaway. Leave a comment with a link. 2 entries, so 2 comments.
6. Leave a comment on one of my review posts (Not a giveaway). 1 entry
Disclosure:I received no monetary compensation for this post. I received the book Wolfkeeper for review purposes. All quotes are taken from the Wolfkeeper website or email. All thoughts and opinions are mine.