I have a neat magazine to share with you from HOPELights. It is for children with special needs. The magazine is sent monthly and comes with the child's name on the front. I received an online copy of the November issue to view. The magazine uses repetition, colors, and themes all to help your child learn and have fun while doing it. Every child I know loves to receive mail for themselves. Mine always got excited when something came in specifically for them. Please take time to visit their site and see more of what they are about and how they are helping children. Make sure to follow them on Facebook and Twitter to stay up on what they are doing.
You also might want to follow their blog. Please share this with others you know who might be interested in HOPELights magazine. If you know someone with a child that would use the HOPELights magazine send them to this review and giveaway. Thanks neighbors!
I am including a large bit of information from the email I was sent and from their website because I want to get this part right:
Gentle Methods™ create unique, genuine moments of success and happiness for your child. Our monthly magazine publications reach special needs children through a unique blend of: Gestalt Learning, Customization, Patterns, activities...all customized for Special Needs Children! The perfect gift to arrive in the mailbox with a guaranteed smile every time.
· Customizing Cover to Name of Child which provides buckets of joy upon immediate viewing due to name recognition
· Rhythmic patterns blending in harmonic colors synchronizes neurological framework and makes learning easier
· Building easy bridges of success, which in turn builds confidence
· Full Color Photography to integrate real world identification and learning
· Transforms learning into a pleasant independent experiences
· Music Patterns reinforce reading, character and word recognition
· Builds thematic excitement monthly with focus on character development and courtesy skills
· DESIGNED to reinforce all academic and social skills your child is working towards already.
All special needs kids respond to:
– Front Cover
– Inside Front Letter
– Back Cover / Mailing Address
– Inside Back Cover Name Trace
· Gestalt Learning
– Table of contents features simple visual images
– Builds thematic excitement monthly with focus on character development and courtesy skills
– Key HopeLights™ buttons provide easy clues to help cultivate independence and success
– Rhythmic patterns blending in harmonic colors synchronizes neurological framework
– Full Color Photography to integrate real world identification and learning
– Music Patterns reinforce reading, character and word recognition
· Math: Numeric Sequencing, Number Recognition, Music Note Recognition
· Reading & Language Arts: Vocabulary Recognition, Reading, Music Note Recognition and Reinforcement into Reading Text
· Motor Skill Development: Handwriting, Hand-Eye Coordination and Visual Tracking
· Character Development: Accomplishment, Pride in Completion, Reinforcement of Identity
Some of the Children with Special Needs Groups We Proudly Serve:
Mild Education Gaps:
Expressive Language Disorder
Autism Spectrum Disorder: Aspergers Syndrome, PDDNOS, Mild to Severe Autism
Long-term Leukemia Patients
*Some conditions do not present cognitive delays, however, months and years in the hospital may put a child behind in simple academics like reading, writing and math.
We believe that every child, regardless of diagnosis, label or challenge deserve
moments of hope. Believe. Inspire. Making a Difference.
Here is where you can view a sample magazine. Take a minute and glance through the magazine and see what you think.
HOPELights is handling the actual giveaway for this one. Just follow the instructions below.
- One free Child’s Magazine Subscription + Notes of Hope for the caregiver for families that have children with special needs. (Child: Reading Comprehension level prek – 5th grade)
- Giveaway Requirements: Sign up for our Minute of Hope Newsletter and mention “At The Fence” in the “How did you hear about us?” field and the winner will selected at random by December 20th, 2010 for the 2011 Subscription Year: http://www.hopelightmedia.com/index.php/main/company-information/minute-of-hope-newsletter.html
Disclosure:I received no monetary compensation for this post. I did receive an e-magazine for review purposes. All quotes are taken from the HOPELights email and website. All thoughts and opinions are mine.
kwellnitz at litewire dot net
kwellnitz at litewire dot net