Here is a spectacular giveaway. First, The Old Schoolhouse Magazine has a website here. They Are one of the best magazines around for home-schoolers. I read the magazines over again and again. I really enjoy this magazine. Old School House is full of articles, information, and products to help the home school parent. They give ideas for study, writing assignments, and projects. They visit homeschoolers in different places and tell you what they are doing. This is a magazine every homeschooling parent will love. You really need to look into this magazine. I noticed today you can get a subscription to their magazine for $7.95. This is normally $25. What a bargain. It is a limited time offer so hurry over and get yourself a subscription.
Now, they have offered one E-book: The Schoolhouse Planner with the December Module for a giveaway. This is really nice! Here is the description from their site:
"The Schoolhouse Planner with E-Book: Dec 09 Module
The 2009 Planner is bigger and better than ever. With more forms (over 40 ADDITIONAL forms are included), 12 new essays from favorite homeschool authors, including Amanda Bennett, Dr. Jay L. Wile, and Tammy Duby, 12 new, "Must-Know" lists, 24 new recipes, and more! Approximately 2,000 satisfied customers since we launched our Planner in 2008!
"OK, listen up, homeschooling moms and dads. I have been busy looking through the 2009 Schoolhouse Planner – where was this gem when I first started homeschooling? We have homeschooled for seventeen years, and this is just what I have needed. I don’t know how The Old Schoolhouse® came up with helps for all of my needs, but this is complete, easy to use, and covers it all.
From forms and tips on planning for multiple children (you can type these on your computer and then print the completed forms for your records – cool!) to important articles on things like getting into college, co-op records, garden planning charts, chore lists, and on and on. It really is complete – if you don’t have it yet, get it now and relax this summer as you prepare for the coming year the easy way with the Schoolhouse Planner. It doesn’t get any easier than this!" – Amanda Bennett, www.UnitStudy
Take a glimpse at some of the advantageous new pages featured in this complete home and school planner . . .
Calendar Pages for 2009-2012—planning and scheduling just got so much easier!
24 Recipes—from Mexican Lasagna to Loaded BBQ Potato Casserole!
12 Articles (one for each monthly topic) from homeschooling's most well-known authors. Here are just a few . . .
- "American Government Basics" by Amanda Bennett
- "The Thirteen Colonies" by Michelle Miller
- "Weather" by Dr. Jay L. Wile, PhD
- "Lap Books: A Creative Road to Retention" by Tammy Duby
12 "Must-Know" Lists that correspond to the monthly topic/articles including these and more . . .
- Common Latin and Greek Roots
- Letter Writing Tips
- Miracles and Parables
- Getting into College Check List
- The Planets—Basic Information to Know
- Emergency Preparedness
- Branches of Federal, State, and Local Governments
- Cloud Types
Alphabet Writing Charts for Copywork—Beautiful! Ready to print and use!
TOS Resource Lists—A huge inventory of ideas to include in your studies, corresponding to each monthly topic.
With over 40, ALL-NEW Forms—You'll find just what you need and more with so much to choose from . . .
- Address Book
- Website Login/Password
- Home Repair Projects Worksheet
- Christmas Card List
- Car Maintenance Schedule
- Party/Celebration Planning
- To-Do List/Appointment Schedule
- Emergency Medical Info Sheet
- Grocery List
- Seasonal Cleaning Checklist
- Book Reports
- Journal Pages
- Assignment Sheet with Due Dates
- Report Card Template
- Decorated Bible Study Note Pages
- Video/Library Due Date Sheet
- Preschool Planning Form
- Homeschool Wish List
- Weekly Schedule Form
- Transcript Template
- Inventory Book Log
- Attendance Form
- 4 Co-op Planning Sheets
- Preschool Activity Box and Need-to-Learn List
- Weekly and Daily Schedule Charts for 2-5 Kids
- Community Service Recording Form
Supplemental monthly modules will be available for purchase to enhance your use of the planner and incorporate them into your studies. Make learning come alive for your children with these all-new, interactive units! The 2009 Planner modules will incorporate lapbooking activities.
Being organized is a priority for your home and school. The 2009-2010 Schoolhouse Planner will make a monumental difference for you as a homemaker and homeschool mom in the busy months and years to come! The support and encouragement you'll receive are amazing!
Now is the time to "Plan Your Best Year Ever!"
And the best part is that is not all, you also get the December Module. Here is the description:
"E-Book: Out of This World!—December 2009 Issue
“What are stars made of?”
“How many planets have rings?”
“How hot is the sun?”
God created a huge universe . . .
Help your children explore it with our latest module . . .
Out of This World!
Our newest module is full of information, puzzles, quizzes, and more, all designed to make exploring God’s creation fun and exciting!
Look inside to find:
- Detailed text with added links to explain all of the different bodies in our galaxy and universe.
- An explanation of mnemonic devices to make memorizing the order of the planets fun.
- Activity pages that your children will love to work on!
- Quizzes, so that you can ensure your children have retained the lessons taught.
- Yummy recipes, sure to tempt the taste buds.
- Lapbook Beginnings, a wonderful way to jump-start your next lapbooking project.
- The high school expansion—we are including high school students on their own level. This allows the entire family to learn together.
You’ll find all of this and more inside this module . . .
Out of This World! will help children to understand how the order of our universe works. We have searched high and low to bring you an educational, entertaining module that will leave your kids begging for more."
Doesn't this sound helpful? Normally $43.95 and here you have the chance to win this E-book. I am impressed by all that is included. Go here and at the end of each description they have samples you may view. Very handy. This would really help some of us with organization.
Now for the Giveaway.
ATTENTION: COMMENTS ARE AT THE TOP OF THE POST UNDER THE TITLE
You must do this before entering any other way. Go to the website and tell me about something else that caught your eye. Leave a comment and please be sure I have a valid email to reach you, should you win. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but I must have a way to reach you. This Giveaway will end January 4th at 11;59 CST. I will choose a winner using Random.org. I will notify the winner by email, and you will have 48 hours to respond. If I do not get a response a new winner will be chosen.
1. Sign up for their e-newsletter. (Leave a comment letting me know you did this) 1 entry
2. Follow this blog. Leave a comment. If you already follow, leave a comment to let me know.
3. Subscribe to this blog. Leave a comment. 1 entry
4. Tweet about this. Leave a comment. You may Tweet once each day and leave a new
comment. 1 entry each time. Remember only 1 a day.
5. Follow me on Twitter. At the Fence
6. Do a post on your blog regarding this giveaway with a link to this site. Leave a comment with
a link to your post. 1 entry.
7. Enter one of my other giveaways. Leave a comment. Or just leave a comment if you already
have. 1 entry
Comments are at the top of the post.