I am going to share a pet peeve of mine. I am TIRED of receiving a call, answering, only to find a recording talking to me. It has happened three times this evening all in about 45 minutes. Here are a few things I find annoying about these type of calls.
1. If you want to talk to me or a member of my family, take time and have a LIVE person call me, not a machine.
2. I don't care what your most recent survey found. Tonight it was, "According to a recent survey by the FBI...." Needless to say I hung up before they finished. Another recent one was, "The warranty on your vehicle has expired." Really? I don't have a warranty on any of my vehicles.
3. I am not going to sit there and press numbers until I finally find out what you want. "Press one if you speak English, Press two if you own a ______, Press 4 if you would like to purchase _______." and so and so on and so on.
4. I live in America, if you are calling me, please speak English. No, this is not directed at my foreign speaking friends, but at people who call trying to sell you something and you can't understand them. I am not going to purchase, or sign up for any service if I cannot understand you.
5. And for all the information scammers out there, I will not give out my social security number, bank information or anything else private to you.
We had someone call our home and tell us that they were with Microsoft and told us we had a problem on our laptop and if we would give them access remotely, they could repair it. You have got to be kidding me. I am not giving any stranger access to my computer. It was of course an overseas scam.
Ok, I think I have run out of steam on this one. Thanks for listening. Feel free to add a comment about what annoys you most with scam calls or telemarketing. See you soon!