What better way to start off a Fall Festival than by discussing fall allergies. I don't know about your families, but I have 2-3 each fall that start sneezing, having itchy watery eyes, and scratchy throats. My oldest son has been starting every morning with a cup of hot tea just to get the scratchy sound out of his voice.
Claritin is a big help during the allergy season. I keep it on hand so when they start showing any symptoms, or if we are aware it is going to be a particularly bad day, we know that Claritin is there. As a member of the Children's Claritin Mom Crew I recently received some tips to help you and your family as you head into the fall season and of course back to school. Who needs allergies during school! Check out these tips below:
From Children's Claritin:
1. Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
2. Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your child’s daily routine.
3. Let there be light! Mold doesn't like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy during the summer months!
4. Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
5. Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
6. Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days can be particularly high in pollen.
7. Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens from body surfaces and hair.
8. Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the day can help get rid of toxins and flush out body.
9. Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
Along with this great information I also received some really nice little packages to share with some of my neighbors here At The Fence. The little packets include a Children's Claritin magnetic clip, a Children's Claritin pen, a Children's Claritin scratch pad, a Children's Claritin shopping list, and a reminder to vote:
Two neighbors will each receive one of these Claritin packages.
Disclosure:"As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience."
a Rafflecopter giveaway