Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Sleepypod Pet Bed, Carrier, Car Seat!
I just have to share this item with you! Another featured product for Pets on Parade! I LOVE it! It is called Sleepypod ($179.99) and is designed to be a pet bed, carrier, and car seat all in one. The top is removable, with a very sturdy zipper, so you can use it first of all as a bed for your pet. And let me tell you the liner, also removable, is super soft! We took a couple of pictures with one of the puppies in it. We also had the cat get in as this is hers, but because we have two teenage boys visiting she wasn't very happy to come out of her hiding place right now. It always takes her a couple of days to settle in with company. The Sleepypod is very well made and sturdy.
To use as a carrier, just zip the well-ventilated top on and make sure your shoulder strap is attached. Place your pet inside and zip shut. You are ready to go! The Sleepypod will hold a small dog (up to 12.5 lb) or a cat (up to 15 lb). This is so easy to use. The clips that attach the shoulder strap are also sturdy. To use as a car seat just place the carrier in your vehicle and use the seat belt to strap it in.
I want you to be sure and check out their page that describes the safety test they ran on the Sleepypod. I am impressed!
Your pet deserves the best and we at Sleepypod aim to provide the most secure and comfortable products for pets at home and on the go. Every product from Sleepypod has been thoroughly tested and approved by our own experts in the field: RawlRawl, Dee-Dee, Stevens and Oni. We hope you and your companions will enjoy living with Sleepypod as much as we do.
How was Sleepypod started:
In 2004, Melony Lee was looking for a way to travel with her first kitten, Bengal Rawl Rawl, but was disappointed by the existing products offered in the market. Inspired by a commitment to her pet and a passion for design, Melony and fellow Art Center College of Design graduate, Michael Leung, focused on researching and developing an ideal carrier prototype for Rawl Rawl to test. The result was better than expected. Rawl Rawl adapted to the flexible travel environment with ease and enthusiasm.
Yet as enthusiastic as Rawl Rawl was about her new environment, wherever she traveled in it, pet owners were evenmore enthusiastic to see this new invention. This unexpected reaction prompted Michael and Melony to make it a commercial product. Setting on a course to “perfect the design,” the partners went through more than a dozen revisions before finally achieving a product to
their high standards for design and functionality. When the design was almost finalized after a year and a half, the two decided to join forces with another Art Center College of Design graduate, Greg Mote. The threesome formalized their partnership by forming a company called Meowme in 2005 and naming its new invention “Sleepypod.” Meowme officially changed its company name to Sleepypod in September 2008.
If you are interested in purchasing a Sleepypod or any of the accessories visit the Sleepypod website. You will be glad you did! You can also find them on Twitter @sleepypod and Facebook Sleepypod.
Sleepypod, same style and size, winner can choose color. Keep coming back for more of the Pets on Parade Event!
Features and Specifications:
• Removable mesh dome reveals an everyday pet bed or pet bed away from home
• Seatbelt straps allow Sleepypod to be safely secured in a car seat
• Secure and durable mesh dome
• Easy access from the dome top or when the dome is removed to reveal the bed
• Removable, Ultra Plush bedding is machine-washable
• Easy clean exterior is made of luggage-grade, ballistic nylon
• Adjustable shoulder straps with comfort padding
• Carry handle
• Ergonomic zipper pulls
• A pocket below Sleepypod’s bedding can hold a separately sold electrical Warmer Pad to help keep a pet extra cozy
• Air mesh hammock bedding, sold separately, can be used in place of the standard Ultra Plush bedding to help keep a
pet cooler in warmer environments (see accessories)
• Carrier (bed + dome) dimensions: 17 (diameter) and 13.5 (tall) inches
• Carrier weight: 4.5 pounds
• Interior (bed + dome) dimensions: 15 (diameter) x 11.5 (tall) inches
• Bed dimensions: 17 (diameter) x 6.5 (tall) inches
• Bed weight: 3 pounds
• Recommended for pets 15 pounds or less
• Available colors: Jet Black, Chocolate Brown, Strawberry Red, Arctic White, Sky Blue, and Blossom Pink
Disclosure: I received no monetary compensation for this review. I did receive one Sleepypod for review purposes. All quotes in red are from the Sleepypod website or email. All thoughts and opinions are mine.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Posted by Lori at 6/19/2012 05:00:00 PM