Over the next couple months, I will be running a Restaurant Roundup along with other posts. I want to spread these out a bit, but you will recognize them by the picture at the top of each post. The first restaurant in this roundup is Bob Evans. Now when I think of Bob Evans I think of comfort food and home cooking. You know the type of meals you prepare at home. Like:Meatloaf and Gravy, Open-Faced Roast Beef, Chicken and Noodles, etc.
My husbands personal favorite is their Pot Roast Sandwich. He tells the children that if it's messy it's good. I personally go for Grilled Chicken or I get a Baked Potato with Salad. My two daughters eat from the children's menu. One usually gets the chicken strips and my 13 year old almost always chooses Grilled Cheese with Macaroni and Cheese.
For the healthy eater, you can visit their website and check out the health benefits of several meals. The Fit From the Farm will give you the calories in each meal. The meals listed on their page have under 650 calories or less, 0 grams trans fat and no msg. They have quite a variety to choose from!
Here are a few Healthy Hints from Bob Evans:
"*Begin your meal with a fresh garden salad or a cup of Bean or Beef Vegetable Soup
to curb your appetite.
• Our Farm-Fresh Salads are a good source of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Try them with our reduced-fat dressing and hold extras like cheese and bacon.
• Order your sandwiches with lean proteins liked grilled chicken and turkey.
• Ask to have your sandwich bread toasted or grilled without margarine"
"The Fit from the Farm options were introduced to the Bob Evans’ menu in 2010. Each meal on the menu has 1/3 or less of the recommended Daily Value for:
- Calories (650 or less)
- Sodium (750mg sodium or less)
- Fat (35 percent or less total calories from fat)
- Saturated Fat (less than 10 percent of total calories from saturate fats)"
Bob Evans is on our list of frequented restaurants. As we travel around the states we often have to eat out. Bob Evans gives a wide variety where there is sure to be something to please everyone. It is a great choice for us when we are pizza and hamburgered out.
Neighbors, they even have recipes! Here is one I want to try; Shepherd's Pie Skillet. There are several others that look good too! As a side note I would love to visit their farm sometime!
Bob Evans is offering the winning neighbor At the Fence a $25 GC.
Mandatory Entry:Visit the Bob Evans website and then leave a comment here about your favorite food at Bob Evans or one you would like to try. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but you must leave a valid email where you can be reached should you win. This giveaway will end 3/24 at 11:59 pm CST. The winner will be chosen using random.org and will be notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. (USA Only)
1. Become a neighbor ( follower). Leave a comment to let me know that you did/ do. 1 entry
2. Subscribe to At the Fence. Leave a comment to let me know that you did/ do. 1 entry
3. Follow me on Twitter, At the Fence. Leave a comment letting me know that you did/do. 1 entry
4. Tweet about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the link. 1 tweet per day. 1 comment per day.
5. Do a post regarding this giveaway. Leave a comment with a link. 2 entries, so 2 comments.
6. Leave a comment on one of my review posts (Not a giveaway). 1 entry
7. Like Bob Evans on Facebook. 1 entry
8. Follow Bob Evans on Twitter. 1 entry
Disclaimer: I received no monetary compensation for this post. I did not receive anything for review purposes. All quotes are from the Bob Evans website or email. All thoughts and opinions are mine.