Monday, December 13, 2010
Chex Mix for Family Fun Night!
I was supposed to do a small My Get Together party with Chex Mix. Unfortunately, we are passing around a cold/flu or something and we were unable to have a party. So instead we turned it into family fun. My two daughters made the Chex Muddy Buddy mix and we are having it at game time. I have included pictures of the mix being made. It was very easy to make, and we used our special bowl and spoon we received for the get together.
Here is the recipe:
CHEX MUDDY BUDDIES Start to Finish 15 Minutes
9 Cups Corn Chex, Rice Chex, WHeat Chex, or Chocolate Chex Cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal, set aside.
2. In 1 quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on high one minute, stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag, shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
18 servings (1/2 cup each)
1 serving:Calories 220
There are several more great Chex Mix recipes available at your local Wal-Mart.
Chex mixes make great Family Fun Night Snacks. Prepare them and then set a bowl on the table and see how fast it disappears. Does my family enjoy Chex Muddy Buddies? They sure do!
The 2 winners of this giveaway will each receive 5 coupons for $2 off the purchase of 2 Chex Cereal. Then you can make your own Chex mix for Family Night.
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment letting me know if you have made a Chex mix before and which one. Or if you have your own mix please feel free to share! You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but you must leave a valid email where you can be reached should you win. This giveaway will end 12/27 at 11:59 pm CST. The winner will be chosen using random.org and will be notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. (USA Only)
1. Become a neighbor ( follower). Leave a comment to let me know that you did/ do. 1 entry
2. Subscribe to At the Fence. Leave a comment to let me know that you did/ do. 1 entry
3. Leave a comment letting me know how often you have a family night. 1 entry
4. Tweet about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the link. 1 tweet per day. 1 comment per day.
5. Do a post regarding this giveaway. Leave a comment with a link. 2 entries, so 2 comments.
6. Leave a comment on one of my review posts (Not a giveaway) 1 entry
Disclosure:I received no monetary compensation for this review. I did receive a Chex Mix Party Package for review purposes. All quotes are taken from the Pssst and General Mills website or email. All thoughts and opinions are mine.