Crayola and My Blog Spark sent me the next products that I would like to share with you! Crayola is getting GREENER. Not the color green, but they are doing even more to "go green". They are using solar power to make their Crayons, making markers from recycled bottle caps, and using reforested wood for colored pencils.
"You might have noticed while you were doing your back-to-school shopping that packages of , markers and colored pencils have special icons calling out the way each product is lessening its impact on the environment. These affordable and "green" back-to-school essentials include:
- Crayola Markers - Thanks to new, innovative ways to manufacture Crayola markers from recycled bottle caps, "black" is the new "green!" Crayola markers will now have black barrels instead of white, which allows for more to be used and gives a second life to more than 1 million pounds of . Plus, switching to black barrels keeps hundreds of tons of plastic out of landfills each year. Available in 10-ct. Broadline Classic Colors, 10-ct. Broadline Assorted Colors, 10-ct. Fineline Classic Colors, 8-ct. Washable Broadline and 8-ct. Washable Fineline.
- Crayola Green 24-ct. Crayons - The quintessential school supply found in virtually every elementary classroom will be made with the power of the sun. More than 26,200 solar panels will convert sunlight into electricity, generating the energy required to make 1 billion of the 3 billion crayons Crayola makes each year, which equals 60 million 24-ct. boxes. Mother Earth will be smiling down on every forest green, pine green and jungle green crayon that rolls off the assembly line!
- Crayola Green Colored Pencils - Committed to protecting the rain forests since 1987, all Crayola colored pencils have been made from reforested wood instead of wood sourced from or endangered species. For every tree used, a new tree of the same species is planted. The 12-, 24-, 36-, and 50-ct. boxes of Crayola Colored Pencils will be among the first to carry the "Eco-Evolution" callout on their packaging."
While we have been traveling one of my daughters would color a page and then date it and add what city and state she was in when she colored it. Sort of a unique way to remember your travels!
Thank you Crayola for all the fun and memories you have helped to create in our family. And Crayola and My Blog Spark are going to send the winner of this giveaway a Back to School Essentials Pack just like mine.
Mandatory Entry:Tell me in a comment some memory you have of using Crayola, either as a child or as an adult with your children. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but you must leave a valid email where you can be reached should you win. This giveaway will end 9/3 at 11:59 pm CST. The winner will be chosen using random.org and will be notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond.
1. Become a neighbor ( follower). Leave a comment to let me know that you did/ do. 1 entry
2. Subscribe to At the Fence. Leave a comment to let me know that you did/ do. 1 entry
3. Visit the Crayola Website and in a comment tell me something you found interesting on their site. 1 entry
4. Tweet about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the link. 1 tweet per day. 1 comment per day.
5. Do a post regarding this giveaway. Leave a comment with a link. 2 entries, so 2 comments.
6. Enter one of my other giveaways and in a comment let me know which one. Only active giveaways, and only one comment. 1 entry
Disclaimer: I received no monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a Crayola Back to School Essentials Pack for review purposes. All quotes are from the Crayola website or email. All thoughts and opinions are mine.